Monday, October 19, 2009

Cheap labor

There has been a huge pile of lumbar in the back yard since February. And when I say back yard I don't mean just somewhere out on the three acres. I mean 10 feet off the back porch and right in front of the steps onto the deck. Besides the fact that it was huge and unsightly, it gave me the heebie-jeebies everytime I walked by it because I was sure it was a large multi-family dwelling for snakes. Hayden and Preston have been wanting DS's for quite a long time but I refused to buy yet one more gaming media. So they have been saving up. Preston already had enough but Hayden was still short $22. He came to me the other day and asked if I had any jobs he could do to earn some more money. He was super pleased to find out that I had just such a job and it would pay exactly $22! Preston and Kellen both wanted a job also, so we struck a deal and the work began.







I am so proud of these boys. (Kellen quit after a few trips. He decided he could be content with just a Wii, Gamecube, and Gameboy.) To be quite honest, I didn't expect them to be able to finish it. But they were so determined. It took two days and they never asked for any help!
Most importantly of all....two DS's came in the mail on Friday!!! Their first taste of the American Dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment