Thursday, November 12, 2009

Welcome Guest Blogger Paul McKee, Live from Ethiopia

OK.. Paul here… Stacey has graced me with the privilege to post on her blog, but with a couple of requirements; first, that my pen is not to be confused with hers, and secondly, that I spell check prior to posting. I can’t believe she forgot to mention proof-read!


Receiving them home...


The process of adoption became complete Monday as we received our children, Nardos and Nahom, into our arms. It was a nervous, highly anticipated moment as they rounded the corner of the orphanage to see us in the flesh for the first time. At first, they were hesitant, but continued slowly approaching. As their eyes began to light up, their approach quickened, then suddenly they broke into a dash to close the remaining distance between us to leap freely into our arms. Our union with their little arms wrapped tightly around us with our hearts pressed together as one was truly a heavenly moment… one that I will never forget.


Reflecting on this experience causes me to wonder if this could be similar to how God anticipates and will feel on the day He sends Jesus to call and receive us home. When God opens our hearts to his saving grace, trust begins to grow from the seed of faith that God plants, waters, cultivates, and harvests. How amazing for me to think that God could feel this way about me: To pursue, call, and embrace me as his own… to adopt me as an heir with Christ into God’s family… to see me waiver in my approach, but finally jump freely and wholly into his arms without reserve… to receive me home as his own… it is truly a heavenly moment.

1 comment:

  1. Paul...that was the most beautiful thing I've ever read!! You can post anytime...and hoo karz bout spelln!!

    ReplyDelete